This Hurleyville farmhouse is a one of a kind, unique country estate complete with its own inground concrete pool, wooded acreage, and organically landscaped. 2 hours to NY City. Set back and landscaped from the road.
This home is underpriced in this hot market to allow you to customize your heart's desires, dreams, and visions. Do not let this one pass you by. It is a rare find. The vibrationally matched buyer has unlimited possibilities to create a life of your dreams and imagining as you ground in these magical energies.iv
2 hours from New York City
20 X 40 inground concrete pool - naturalized as frog and fish habitat. Can be converted to swimming pool
House is sold AS IS
MAIN HOUSE4000 square feet,20 rooms (3 apartments, 7 bathrooms, 5 kitchens, great room, kitchen, office, study, dining)
3 old storage sheds out back. Restore or tear down.Garden well pump shed in front yard - good condition, craftsman style.
Inground concrete pool 20 X 40. Currently a naturalized fish and frog pond. Convertible to swimming. Electrical outlets.Side yard deck, electrical outlets.3 firepitsLarge camping and sports side yardPlenty of on-site parkingSpectrum internet/wifiCable ready50' covered front porch.Upstairs balcony
This homestead was built approximately 1840 - before electricity in homes. Sustainable with wood stove, hand cistern well, own woodlot, organic farmland. Prepper's delight.
Hot air ducts, 2 zones, propane. 1 furnace working. 1 furnace needs replacing.3 Toyotomi wall furnaces, 1 Monitor wall furnace - all working. K1 (kerosene) fueled.Iconic Nashua wood stove with triple wall pipe in great room. Can heat whole house. Your own woodlot included with many mature and downed hardwoods.Blow-in insulation. Can use additional weatherization for deep winter use.
Water - Sewer - Electric
225 foot year-round well. Working.Town water hookup possible - water main directly across road.Town sewer - working. Year round water system.Winter use: Mainly plumbed with pex piping and connectors to minimize chance of frozen broken pipes.2 four inch drains - 1 on each side of house. Both connect to town sewer.
Sewer charge $88/quarter.
40 gallon hot-water heater, propane. Bradford-White - new 2019.15 foot hand cistern well from underground spring.New electric service and panel. 200 amps.
New Wallmate Pentair fiberglass 29.5 gallon water pressure tank 2022
New architectural shingle (Malarkey) roof 2021
* Floors: Hardwood, pine plank, stone, marble mosaic, carpet* Wide pine plank floors upstairs - currently painted or carpeted.* Downstairs kitchen - center island for group cooking. Room for panty and-or dining.
* New metal roofs in 1st floor apartments 2020. New architectural shingle roof on main house 2021.
* Fire hydrant directly across street from main house.* Most windows double pane.
* Plenty of room to expand.
GROUNDS - 5+ Acres
* 35 years known non-spray. Organic* Mature perennials. Organic grounds. Blueberry bushes. Butterfly and bird friendly.* Landscaped bird, bee, butterfly sanctuary* Organic flowers in spring, summer, fall.* Organic wild blueberries and raspberries, herbs.* Gorgeous autumn leaf season sugar maples - you can tap maple syrup from these trees.
* Pool naturalized for 5+ years with resident fish population and water lilies - can use for hydroponics. Or return to people swimming pool.
* 1.5 - 2 hour commute from New York City GW Bridge* Shortline Bus from Port Authority in New York City to Monticello, NY runs about every 2 hours.* Nearby: Bethel Woods Performing Arts Center, Center for Discovery, many famous ashrams and monasteries.* Shopping: 2 big Shoprite supermarkets. Many speciality markets. Home Depot, good variety of professional services.* 7 airportsNY City (Laguardia, JFK, Newark 2 1/2 hoursWestchester 1 1/4 hoursAlbany, NY 2 hoursStewart-Newburgh, NY 45 minutesBinghamton 1 1/2 hours-
Personal use for large family, group, healing or retreat center. Investment for airbnb, rentals, development. Good value. You can move in now. A place you can call your own and enjoy.
Stone walls on 3 sides
Inground concrete pool 20 X 40
Mid Century Modern Furnishings included
Add your own TLC
20 rooms, 3 apartments, 7 bathrooms, 5 kitchens
House is sold AS IS
Center for Discovery
Town of Hurleyville Renaissance - locavore restaurants, galleries, performance center, galeries, makers lab, rails-to-trails hiking...
Bethel Woods (Woodstock) Performing Arts Center
2 hours NY City. Easy commute by car or bus
- Mid Century Modern furnishings
- maintenance hand tools
- misc building supplies
- extra 275 gallon fuel tank
- misc paints
- 10 gallons redwood house stain (Olympic)
- misc lumber
Recently the price was lowered from $379K when listed, to $299 to allow for misc fixits and no realtor commissions.
The house is livable as is.
- Exterior painting, replacing some missing or weathered trim and boards
- Upgrading weatherization
- Misc small cosmetic repairs
- Misc upgrades of buyer's choosing
- Replacing cistern hand well pump
If you want to go with green energy, here are 2021 quotes
1.845.513.6609 US voicemail or text